Clifden Seaside Holiday Home
This is a perfect property for families and friends to share. It is located on the famous “Sky Road” drive on Connemara’s Wild Atlantic Way, and boasts wonderful views of the Kingstown Bay, the Twelve Bens mountain range and the surrounding countryside.
Clifden Seaside Holiday Home – Sleeps 8The accommodation in this spacious property is all on ground floor level; it sleeps comfortably 8 people. This holiday home is flooded with natural lights and offers beautiful sea, mountain and countryside views.
Property layout – ground floor :
- Living room with TV and food burning stove
- Open-plan kitchen and dining room
- Bedroom 1: double sleeping 2 with sea views
- Bedroom 2: double sleeping 2 with sea views
- Bedroom 3: double sleeping 2
- Bedroom 4: double sleeping 2
- Bathroom with bath, electric shower, WC and hand basin
- Utility Room with a fridge freezer, a washing machine, and a tumble dryer
Guests can enjoy the spacious outdoor area, which includes outdoor furniture, a perfect place to sit, dine and relax in the fine weather.
Pets are welcome.
The cottage is centrally heated throughout by an oil heating system.
Bed linen and towels are provided.
A cot and highchair are available.
Parking is available on site for up to four cars.
Local Area & Tourist AttractionsNearby Clifden town has ample shops, bars, and restaurants, and will provide you with everything you might need for your self-catering holiday. Traditional music, song and dance are very popular in many of the local pubs. This bustling market town offers many bars, restaurants, shops, and services. Local amenities, attractions, towns, and villages are all within close reach, so this is a perfect place to base yourself while exploring the Connemara region.
Things to do in a local area:
- Sky Road route overlooking Clifden Bay
- Offshore Islands of Inisturk and Inisturbot
- Walking routes: the Connemara Greenway, Derrigimlagh Loop walk, and the various walking trails throughout Connemara National Park
- Popular beaches: Eyrephort Beach, Cleggan, Claddaghduff, Renvyle, Ballyconneely, and Roundstone
- Festivals: Clifden Art Festival, The Connemara Pony Festival, Clifden Traditional Music Festival
- Alcock and Brown Landing Site: visit the spot where the first transatlantic flight landed in 1919
- Kylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden: a beautiful abbey set in a picturesque landscape with stunning gardens
- Connemara Heritage and History Centre: learn about the rich history and heritage of the region
- Derrigimlagh Bog: Explore the boglands and visit the Marconi Wireless Station, a historic site
- Connemara Championship Golf Links: Play golf with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean
- Clifden Station House Theatre: Enjoy cultural performances and events in this historic railway station
- Galway City
IMPORTANT NOTES1. Heating and Electricity:
This is an extra charge which is mostly payable to the Property Manager/Owner. In some cases, energy is charged at a fixed daily rate or a rate per unit on the units consumed or you are required to top up a Pre-Paid Meter while in others, energy charges are included in the rate you have paid. We advise you to check with the local Owner/ Property Manager prior to arrival how this is calculated or prior to making the booking.
2. Security Deposit:
A minimum refundable security deposit of €200 (per property) must be paid prior to check-in to your holiday home to the local Property Manager/ Owner. This is either taken over the phone by pre-authorising your credit card when you call the Property Manager to arrange your arrival time 48 hours in advance of arrival or at others it is taken on arrival. In some locations and at certain times of year this can increase to €500 per property.
Independent kitchen (electric)
Distribution of bedrooms
Mandatory or included services
Security Deposit (refundable)
- No smoking
- Animals are admitted to this accommodation, except for dangerous animals.
Map and distances
Sand beach - Eyrephort Beach
Town centre - Clifden
Shops - Clifden
Bus station - Clifden
Restaurant - Clifden
Sand beach - Errislannan Bay Beach
Sand beach - Anchor Beach
Nature reserve - Connemara National Park
Golf course - Connemara Golf Links
Train station - Westport Train Statiom
Airport - Galway Airport
Located on the edge of Clifden town, Owenglin River Holiday Cottage is on an elevated site overlooking the Owenglin river and countryside in County Galway. This large holiday cottage is 350 metres from the vibrant town of Clifden, with a selection of shops, restaurants and several venues for traditional...
Owenglin River Holiday Home is a large self catering holiday accommodation situated in Clifden town. The pretty and vibrant town of Clifden is 100m from this bright home which overlooks the Owenglin river and waterfall. Ideally this spacious holiday home is situated beside Owenglin River Holiday Cottage...
|December - 2023|
|January - 2024|
|February - 2024|
|March - 2024|
|April - 2024|
|May - 2024|
From the booking date until 29 days before check-in, cancellation would have a penalty of 50% of the total price of the rent.
In case of cancellation the following charges will apply
- We kindly ask you to phone us about your arrival time once you are at your destination.
- The keys must be picked up during the above mentioned hours only.